Scripture

Look unto me in every thought Doubt not Fear not D&C 6:36

Monday, December 15, 2014

I DO like chocolate

I am getting along well with my companion. my German is getting better. the more I hear the more I understand.  About half the lessons we teach are in English to university students who speak about as much German as I can. This week I found out that your child that used to hate chocolate was just always given the wrong kind of chocolate. milka makes an oreo chocolate bar that is 100x better than Hershey cookie and cream bar. and all German chocolate is awesome.

  I love the food here. some of the fun food I have tried is
Döner, very similar to a gyro only better
Curry wurst, Bratwurst covered in curry sauce 
Schnitzel, similar to a country fried steak. its made out of chicken veal or pork, and topped with a fried egg. sounds a little weird but it is delicious.
Dumplings and red cabbage are very popular here. 

  The city i'm in is cool i'm not having as hard of time as I thought I would in the city but it is a lot different than Utah, instead of gum at check out counters they sell shot sized bottles of liquor and there is a cigarette vending machine on every other street corner.

On Monday last week we went to the Weihnachtsmarkt that is the Christmas market they sell tons of junk food and little trinkets like a county fair. Tuesday was a cool day we taught a girl who is a daughter of a member and we committed her to baptism on the 3 of Jan. her father was super excited. Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty normal days Wednesday night the Romneys took us out to eat, They consider us their grandchildren and like to take us out once a week. Thursday we went to Dresden for zone conference. Dresden is a really pretty city and I would love to  spend some time there. Then Friday and Saturday were really normal. all we did was a lot of street contacting. Then yesterday we went to Köthen after church for a choir concert. 

  The city of Magdeburg is really cool. there are many old churches all over the city. There is this really really big one called the dome. I'm told that it is over 1000 years old. We have a tiny little branch here that has about 30 people who come to church but between the two companionships of missionaries we have had 7 investigators there in two weeks. The members here take good care of the missionaries so I expect you to do the same at home.

I will send some pictures when I can there isn't as much wifi here as in the states so it might be a while but I will.

  I hope you guys have an awesome week. i pray for each of you all the time and thank you for all the prayers you send my way. I appreciate them a lot. Bis nächste Woche Liebe ihr Liebling Kinder  

Elder Oldroyd

No comments:

Post a Comment