Scripture

Look unto me in every thought Doubt not Fear not D&C 6:36

Thursday, January 8, 2015

1st Christmas in Germany

We were so excited to get to Skype with Kyle on Christmas Day.  He looks great and says he is having a great time.  He is still struggling with the language but it gets better every day.  Christmas is a big deal in Germany.  It goes for 3 days.  Kyle told us that everything shuts down about 2pm on Christmas Eve and that is when everyone goes home and they do Presents.  Kyle was able to spend Christmas Eve at a members house and they totally spoiled him and his companion.  He sent us the pictures below of the gifts he received.  They are not allowed to do any contacting during the Christmas holiday so they spent lots of time studying and hanging out with the members.  They went to another members house on Christmas day for dinner and games and that is were he Skyped with us from.  Then they had a Pday on Friday because everything is still closed and they can't do contacts.  He was glad when they finally could get back to normal.  He had a great Christmas and is really doing well.  He looks and sounds happy.  Since he had just talked with us on Thursday he didn't have much to say in his Monday letter -

I don't have much to update on. nothing has changed since Christmas. I want you guys to know that I love you all and that I know this is the true church. I have never been so sure of something in my life. I just wish people would listen a little more.

Elder Germann
McDonald Gift cards are the Best 




No comments:

Post a Comment