Scripture

Look unto me in every thought Doubt not Fear not D&C 6:36

Sunday, September 13, 2015

8/10/2015

Monday was a really really really really really fun p day. First we studied then we went and played squash ( it's almost exactly like racquetball, just a smaller ball and a little different boundaries) then I sat in a sauna with a member and showered. Then we ran some errands for elder Bankhead it was his last ever p day. Then we went to a members and stole their wifi to do emails. Then we played volleyball and then went to  family home evening. They grilled and grilled a lot. I probably ate a pound and a half of meat, and a ton of potato salad too. I love potato salad. Then we said goodbye and went home.

Tuesday, a lot happened today, first I killed elder Bankhead, then elder Rohde and I went to Hamburg, we waited at the train station until new people came, I met Elder Lawyer he reminds me a lot of my best friend from high school. and we headed off to Heide. When we got to Heide I let him unpack. Then we went to buy food, we didn't have any. We got food and came back then we downloaded a talk for the afghani guy were teaching tomorrow. After that we came home ate dinner and got ready for bed. And today I'm grateful for a companion who wants to work!

Wednesday. We had district meeting. So that means a long time on a train. Then it was elder Gibbs first district meeting, he did really well he will do good as district leader. We had a fun district meeting and then went and got Döner and came home, I slept on the train, it makes a really good nap time for me. Then we went to work. We stopped by a less active to see if we could go by the next day, he had us come in right then and we read with him in the scriptures. Then we went to an appointment with Zeifi, he's our guy that speaks Persian, we showed him a talk from conference last year about missionaries, and he told us he wants to become Christian!
Then we went by on a few contacts. That was quite a bit of fun, it's so nice to be with someone who isn't completely trunky. Then we came home and ate, studied a little, made planner covers and now it's bed time.  Today I'm grateful for the iPad's so that we can teach really cool people :)

Thursday we did a ton of work today. First we did normal studies like we always do. Then we went looking for an appointment, the problem was he was an foreigner and didn't really know his address so we never found where he told us. It was super sad, but we made the best of it and talked to a lot of people. Then we went and had lunch, I ate a lot because it was a pasta dish I really really like. Then we got on our bikes and went for a ride got to a town did a little street contacting and went to visit Stacy, on the phone she told me she broke her arm so she couldn't cook, hence the reason we had a big lunch. But when we got there she had soup and garlic bread for us. ( Stacy will not allow food to go to waste) she dished us up a bowl and my comp was freaking out. ( there was probably 3/4 gallons of soup that she made for us and she wanted it all to be eaten) the one bowl was all he could down, luckily I found room for six. ( I even had more of our first lunch than he did so I don't know how I managed) We had a wonderful time with Stacy she's super fun, a lot of polish catholic culture though. then we went home but we haven't reached our goal of people we wanted to talk to so we went out until we talked to the last six we needed, plus a few extra and then called it a night. Today I'm thankful for my second stomach. It saved us at Stacey's! 

Friday... Today was not a fun day at all... But days like today have to happen, if they didn't there wouldn't be any growth on a mission. We had our studies today then we had weekly planning. It's so weird to be the leader of an area where the other guy has no idea and you know he'll be gone in six weeks. Then we went out contacting, in two days we talked to over 80 people. Not bad for little tiny Heide. forty five today and I got told no forty four times the other time the lady was super rude and just ignored us. But yeah. Today I'm thankful for the atonement. ( every day I am but today for sure) I studied it a lot in personal study today. The coolest thing I read was that repentance is not the restoration of innocence, then it all made sense to me, it couldn't be, we have a gospel of eternal progression, restoration of innocence is regression, so through repentance we don't simply lose sin but we become more than we were before. And just a little funny thing from today. My comp doesn't know why anyone would live somewhere as small as Heide I don't know why anyone would live somewhere as big as Heide. 

Saturday we had our service project, we tore out some wood siding that was being used as a wall, it was super gross but I love being dirty, it's not fun to be clean 24/7 it's almost like I never do anything haha ( I know I'm doing a lot though, I'm just used to being dirty after work) then we did some more contacting, we're doing it a lot, we need to. That was pretty much our Saturday.

Sunday we had church and it was really good, most of the members were glad to have us back, I was glad to be back. We didn't have anything too exciting happen today, after church we went contacting but it's not too effective during vacation times, everyone is always gone. But we still had a good time

No comments:

Post a Comment