Scripture

Look unto me in every thought Doubt not Fear not D&C 6:36

Sunday, September 13, 2015

8/24/2015

Monday. It was a pretty awesome p day today, we shook things up a bit. First thing when we got up we went to the store, got the food we needed, then we went home and studied. After studies we ran to the church got our emails to read on the train and went to the train station to go to Sylt. While we were on the train we wrote out emails, then we got to Westerland. We went to the beach but you had to pay to go out on the sand and stuff, so we just looked. ( it was cold and rainy so not too disappointing to not go out. Then we went to a few stores, not a whole lot was going on. After we had don all we wanted to we went to the train station and went home. When we got to Heide I wanted a haircut so I got one then we went by on a contact and had a really nice talk with his friend who was over. He was a total bro and just super excited to talk to Americans. He's from casablanca and a really nice guy, were meeting with him again on Thursday. Then we came home and planned and went to chilled until bedtime. 

Tuesday. I'm here chilling waiting to go on an exchange, it's raining so we are in the church. I got to read a few emails, it's really interesting to see the differences in missions. I know I got sent here for a lot of reasons, there are so many things that I needed to learn that I could only do here in Germany. I love rainy days. There is so much to be learned on them. Patience and hope are two attributes that need to be learned on them. Patience and hope are really a lot more related than I ever knew. When you have hope, it makes patients a lot easier. Waiting is such a blessing when we use it as one. We can use waiting time as a preparation time. Rainy days are so good for practicing patience.
We had a lesson with a less active today, a pretty weird lesson, I was on exchange with elder Woodside, we weren't in either of our areas but this guy was in elder Woodside's but moved and Is moving again so it was a goodbye lesson, the guy was super awesome though. We read a few chapters in the Book of Mormon. Then we went back to elder Woodside's area. We did some contacting and when it was dinner time we went and ate pizza and had weird soda, my tastebuds have changed quite a bit, it's crazy. Well a pretty boring day.

Man so much has happened that it's hard to believe that it is only Wednesday. I was in Pinneberg with elder Woodside this morning, and we had to go to Hamburg. ( I was so glad I was in Pinneberg, it's a suburb of Hamburg, so it was like 40 minutes total travel time to get to the church there, whereas from Heide its two hours in a train and then thirty minutes in subways and stuff) and there we had a mission tour. It's a half mission conference when a general authority is here. Today Elder Paul V. Johnson from the seventy was here, he's in the area presidency for Europe. It was really cool. It's cool to see all the missionaries in this half of the mission, crazy how many people are in my life because of my mission. There was a lot of cool things talked about. First elder Johnson went around asking how long we had been serving and where we were from, it was weird to say 10 months, the time has flown. But what was even weirder is he knew where Altamont was, said they were at a family reunion there last month. So that was pretty cool. Then we had the meeting it was pretty cool, one thing I learned is I need to not be so passive, I think sometimes I'm too passive but I also need to not worry so much on the things I have no control over. Then we talked some about 1 Nephi 15, and that was really cool a topic that was really focused on was verse 8 And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord? And how for most things we need we should ask in prayer. Then at the end we talked about how difference is needed for growth. And that was really cool too. Then we traveled home, I Then I read some talks, elder bednar has a really good understanding of how someone learns spiritual things, in every single one of his talks he prays for the spirit to help him. ( I looked, every single one since he became an apostle in 2004 he prays for the assistance of the holly ghost, along with everything else like in the MTC he said it) I found that really cool, so I went through and marked them all! Well I'm pretty tired but just know that
We just had the best call in in the world. We got in on a multi party with Glückstadt and their DL call in. We did awesome sound effects and Pinneberg had no idea what was going on! Most hilarious thing of the day!

Thursday! Some days are just awesome! We did a lot of street contacting this morning. Our reading appointment went 40 minutes shorter than what we had hoped so it left us with an hour and a half of finding before lunch. That turned out to be an awesome blessing, we walked by a less active sisters house and she saw us and as we were about to walk into our house she called and invited us over for an appointment after lunch! That was our miracle for today. The lesson went really well, her grandmother passed away Monday but we talked about the temple and family history. She got really excited and invited us back on Tuesday! Then we had a lesson fall out, that was a little frustrating we did some more finding and then went and taught a guy, he is from Pakistan and he's interesting but it's really hard to tell how interested he is. Then we went home and that was our day today. It was super awesome!

Friday!So today was fun, mostly a pretty normal Friday, we did weekly planning and what not. Then we had a lesson with a crazy lady. ( her German is hard to understand, it's not a simple language especially when it comes to complex ideas, so we made sure to have a member with us) she has some lost gospels or something, is not a fan of the Catholic Church, and said the Book of Mormon is true and all that is contained within really happened, but Joseph smith is not a prophet. ( it was easy to tell she has never met with missionaries before, a lot of her info on the church came from online, not really anti material, but definitely outside looking in.) the lesson went so many different ways, but all came back to us telling that we are the only true church, we made some progress, she was amazed at the idea of general conference and living prophets, I don't really know what she will do because of the lesson, but at least now she has solid resources to look at. Then the rest of our night fell out so we tried to street contact but the city was super quiet, so we got McDonald's walked around then finally went home. Over all it was a really good day! This week I have just been seeing how much I have been blessed, I'm super grateful for everything that my Heavenly Father gives me. I'm so lucky to be on a mission and helping others all the time, I'm so lucky to have the atonement in my life, I'm really grateful for my family and how good they are to me.

Saturday, if you just want to kill a day ( and also have the day kill you) just go and bike 60 km. it was a good day today, Stacy called during study and wanted to meet today so we made an appointment for later this evening. after studying we went to our weekly service project (12 km) there we moved rocks. I always hated picking rocks for work, it never payed well for how terrible it was, but I always ended up doing it. ( ok once it was a super enjoyable time but that was only once and it was mostly because the guy I was working for was making it an awesome time) but today I didn't mind it at all, I love being able to do hard work like I did before. Then we ate, it was a true post WWII Hamburg meal Bohnen Birne und Speck ( beans pears and bacon) it was an interesting combination but it was pretty good. Then we rode our bikes home (12 km) and got showered shaved and changed, then got back on the bikes and went to Stacey's house (16 km) we had a really nice time with her, she made roulade for us. It was hamburger and rice rolled up in cabbage, and tasted really good. ( if you would have told me a year ago that I would find that or bacon beans and pears good I would have said your crazy) the weather was absolutely perfect this evening. It was such a nice day. Then we got on the bikes and rode home (16 km bringing the grand total for today to 56 km or about 35 miles) by the time we got home we were both dead and the day was over so we planned and went to bed. But so is life as a missionary.

Sunday! It was an awesome Sunday. First we went to church and that was an awesome. But nothing exciting happened. After church we went to the Drabs that was so much fun, you need to keep me in shape so that I can play with our children! My companion was dead after the bike ride but the drabs love to play tag and attack the elders and what not so we had a lot of fun. ( Hannah kissed me, please don't be mad, I didn't want it) then we rode to another eating appointment, this time with a less active member and he showed us his toys, Lego technic, those things are super cool, as someone who wants to become an engineer they absolutely fascinate me. Then the whole day was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment