Scripture

Look unto me in every thought Doubt not Fear not D&C 6:36

Sunday, September 13, 2015

8/17/2015

This week was a good week we had a lot of fun and did a lot of work. Tell the missionary that the first time is the hardest, the talks get easier but they also get longer. I'll let you know next week if I get any packages at mission tour on Wednesday, things like that are the only time anything comes to us that is sent to the office. I have the camera and I'll be sending more pictures this transfer. I've actually taken a few but won't be around wifi enough to today to send them. We are going to Sylt today, it's a popular tourist destination and the farthest north part of the country.

Monday was a pretty normal p day in Heide, it's really small so there isn't much to do there, we spent the day going around to the stores in the Innenstadt. And then we went to family home evening and that was the day.

Tuesday we went and elder Lawyer got registered in the city, you have to register every time you move. And while he did that I started the process of getting my German drivers license. It's so much cheaper for an American to trade it than for a German to get one, only 35€ compared to 3000€. Then we had a few lessons and they went well. Not to much excitement.

Wednesday we had district meeting. A lesson, ward mission correlation, and ward council. A busy day with nothing really to report on. 

Thursday. We had a few appointments, two members and one with an Albanian man, so that was the most interesting thing of the day, using Google translate to get the first lesson in Albanian.

Friday we had our weekly planning. Not really something exciting. Then we had lunch and went to Weddingstedt. We knocked a couple of doors there, doors are not my favorite but I've got some stories from them. One of the doors we knocked on today was one of these stories. So knocked on this ladies door, and she was a little slow to answer but she opened up a little bit and started talking to my companion. I couldn't see her at this point and when my comp said we I didn't want her to think him crazy so I moved into view from the slit the door was open. There stood the classic looking 60 year old German lady but this one wasn't wearing pants. ( or anything besides her t shirt for that matter) it was not the view I ever wanted to see. Why can't it be like America where someone would just pretend to not be home or quickly find some way to cover themselves before answering the door. Then at the next hoist the guy was out working on his car in a t shirt and briefs. Again why can't it be like America! Then we tried to teach an Albanian family, the daughter who can speak English wasn't home so it went nowhere ( but the numbers in Albanian are almost exactly like Spanish) then we came home ate and I worked on the talk I have to give on Sunday. 

Saturday is always a fun day, it's impossible not to smile when your around sister Richter, she is probably my favorite old lady I have met on my mission. ( most old German sisters are what we call ganz lieb directly translated totally love. Sister richter isn't) she likes to yell and joke about her husband to me behind his back, I find it absolutely hilarious. Today she told us stories of living in Hamburg during the war. And when the bomb sirens went off, climbing to the roof and watching the city get destroyed instead of going to the shelter. Then we tried street contacting but rain and thunder don't help so we did area book work instead, not really the most fun but at least we are dry. And I had more time to finish my talk.

Sunday was super awesome! First we went to church and that's always fun but today was even better, there was a new guy, he's super cool, his name is Ruben and he'll be working at the oil refinery here, we connected fast because we're both welders ( not a very common job for people I've met) he speaks really good English ( his wife is South African) and he's just a really cool guy. Then I had to give a talk in sacrament. After church we went and did some doors but no weird stories from this time. The we texted the zl's for permission to go to Sylt for pday and they said yes. So that was how our week went!

No comments:

Post a Comment