Scripture

Look unto me in every thought Doubt not Fear not D&C 6:36

Sunday, November 1, 2015

10/26/2015

Monday was a good p day, after emails and everything we went to a store and I found this board game that I love . I haven't been able to find it a member showed it to me and I like it, but I didn't have enough money so I didn't buy it. Then we had family home evening and that was our day.

I just rode my bike for 100 kilometers to contact a referral, I'm sure that after that my future wife got a whole lot prettier. We rode our bikes then we went to the contact, the doorbell didn't work, his name was nowhere to be found and we had no one to ask. So that made it a little frustrating. But today I'm mostly just tired and if nothing else it makes a wonderful story, and I do like stories.

Well today was a pretty good day. We always spend a lot of time in trains on Wednesday. First we went to district meeting. Then we ate and got on a train to Husum did a little work in Husum, then we went to friedrichstadt that's a cool little town, it's classic north German. Tons written in platt so it's impossible to understand. But I got some cool pics, then my knee started to hurt we went home. And I had a letter! That made the whole day a good day! 

Thursday today was crazy. We did our normal Thursday stuff, read with Bruder Krautwurm, finished the book, then we didn't make a return appointment because we were finished, that was a little sad, but he doesn't really need us anymore, he comes to church really often. Then we had our eating appointment with the branch president and his wife. Then we went and got on a train to Hamburg. We met the Pinneberg elders there and went on exchange I was with elder Gibbs because it was our anniversary today. We met in the MTC, were trained in Magdeburg together, left Magdeburg together came to the north, have gone on exchange once every transfer except one, and during that one we still saw each other all the time. We will see how transfers go. When we got home there was time to plan and go to bed, we stayed up late reminiscing, it was a ton of fun.

Friday was super cool. First we went street contacting for a little bit we rhymed the whole time, it was sublime and didn't cost a dime. ( example of the ridiculous sentences we would come up with) then we had lunch with a member family. After lunch we went by on a few contacts. Then we had an awesome lesson with this guy named Jahn, it was probably the coolest lesson I've been in in a long time. Then we came to Heide, did a super fast exchange back and then elder hall and I went off to an appointment with the Dahleke's. Then when we came home we did district transfer predictions, we take a scripture and interpret it into a transfer call. Today we picked them from the book of Ezekiel, according to mine I'll go back to Magdeburg and kill an elder. Kinda scary because one of the elders in Magdeburg goes home at the end of next transfer. Haha it's all fun we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Saturday. Today was just kinda unreal. At 8:00 I got my transfer call. I'm going to be leaving Heide, and I'm kinda sad about that. I really enjoyed my time here and I know tomorrow will be a hard Sunday. I can't believe it's really happening, it's still kinda in the shock/denial stage. I never realized how much this little area meant to me. I'm also sad that I will be leaving elder hall, we had a good companionship probably my best so far. But a new beginning is also good so I will be going to the Bischofwerde area, it's about 30 minutes away from Dresden so if I stay for a while I could go to the Christmas market there. It's supposed to be one of the best in Germany. For the first time I'll have a comp that's younger on the mission than I am, elder Thompson ( the name might be familiar because we were comps before he left after the first week of the MTC) he just finished his training so he's pretty young. After calls we went to our services project, we planted more stuff and it was pretty fun. Then we came home and the work started. We have tschüs books to fill out and I have to be all packed for Tuesday, I head out around 10:00. Best thing about today, daylight savings time ends so I get an extra hour of sleep. 

Sunday was a bittersweet day. We had church, so I got to say goodbye to everyone. It was a little sad for me, but I got to see why I was called to serve in this branch, I'll probably just be another missionary for most of the members (and for the half that still couldn't tell you what my name started with without my name tag I don't know if I will even be that) but there are members here that I know I've helped and they have touched my life. I'm still sad to be going. Probably the first missionary to ever say that for this area, but it's been really good to me. After church we went and had lunch at a members then went home and I packed, it sucks both my vacuum bags broke so I have to leave quite a bit behind. Then when I was all packed we did some planning and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment