Scripture

Look unto me in every thought Doubt not Fear not D&C 6:36

Monday, November 2, 2015

11/2/2015

The new area is great, it has mountains and stuff!
The new comp is good, we're getting along well.
I will probably never use my German license, there are only 4 car areas now.

Monday was a good p day, maybe because it was the last one here and last p days are good ones. We had an apartment inspection, then went and wrote emails. I got my ticket to leave (insert igoodsman and joo "ticket to ride" here) I have seven hours in trains tomorrow (yay!) 

Tuesday! Well I'm writing this in a new apartment tonight, I finished everything I needed to in Heide then we went and got on a train, then in Hamburg I said goodbye to elder hall and went on my tour of every major city in the mission except Hanover, I went to Berlin then went to Leipzig, then to Dresden. I got to see some wonderful fall colors and some other cool stuff like the towers of the church where Martin Luther posted his thesis. Then when I got into Dresden we went to the area, about 40 minutes away, and went to ward council, oh am I in Sachsen it's accent is so different from the platt/hochdeutsch I've had for six months. But I could tell the one member wasn't German from his accent. Anyways it was pitch black as I got here so I couldn't see much, but it looked like mountains on the horizon, I'll tell tomorrow if it was or if I just really wanted it to be. 

Today I was given a super awesome revelation, we should keep the word of wisdom because when we don't keep it we loose our agency, I've known that for a long time but the really somewhat mind blowing part I got today was we should not rely on things of this world to replace the atonement of Christ. They cannot and only relieve for a very short time, and when they wear off we are usually worse off than we started. The atonement is there to heal, and it will do just that when we reply on it. Today was a long day, we went around contacting, that was fun we probably went to like 20 people but only like three of them were home and they all didn't have time. But I did get to see a lot of the city, I still have no idea how to get around it so that's interesting. Then we had a lesson with Frau Dahmler. She's just the happiest old lady ever, it was a lot of fun to be there with her. We taught about how prayers dont have to be memorized. Then we came home and had our dinner and language study. I think I'll like this area, it's a lot bigger than Heide we have buses and stuff in in too so I wont be riding bikes around so much. I look forward too pday so I can see some of the cool things.

Thursday. Today I was pretty sick, but not sick enough to not do anything, I just have a sore throat so I have a really deep voice and it hurts to talk. we went by on a bunch of contacts, got an appointment for next week and one for a few weeks in the future. Then before we got on the train we went and saw this old granite quarry, it's now full of water. It's a really pretty place, the fall colors made it even better. Then we had lunch. After lunch we went and had a lesson with a less active member, then an appointment fell out so we went to some more contacts. Then we came home for the night.
Today was a pretty wonderful day. The beauty of today was mountains. It's so wonderful to live somewhere that isn't completely flat again!

Today was pretty cool, we went to Dresden for district meeting, we don't normally but today we had interviews with president. After we went and got some food, then we went to a store and got some treats for the train home, when I walked in the store alarm went off, but no one cared, then when we left it did the same thing so two very large men came and started wanted to know what was going on. I showed them it beeps when I went in then we pulled everything from my bag and found nothing so they let us go, Yay! Then we went and studied and then we had a lesson, we went with a member in his nice BMW and couldn't find the address, so we just drove around looking, it was not fun in the back seat, I got car sick, and the lights were giving me terrible night blindness and headaches. I think I need more sleep, but I don't know where I'll find it haha. We never did find the place. Afterwards we came home and had dinner and language study.

Saturday, happy Halloween! The second one of three I'll have on my mission today was a good day, we had weekly planning, that took a while, after a bit of it we had lunch and then went to a few appointments, but no one was home, but we talked with one investigator while we were out and got an appointment for later this week. Then we had another one where no one was home. Then at six we had to go home because it's a rule to be home by six on Halloween, New Years, and Christi Himmel fahrt (the day 40 days after Easter when Christ ascended to heaven). So we came home and finished planning, and did all the work we could and then chilled. That was the day today.

Sunday. Today was a really good day, first we got up really early (5:45) got ready walked to pick up a less active member, he didn't answer so we got on the bus went to the train station, got on a train and went to church, the branch here Is the biggest one I've been in yet, for the first time in over a year I had more than 50 people in church. One of the families is super cool, he's American, She's German, they have three kids, Rosalie, Oliver, and Henry. Oliver is like four and loves the missionaries and trains. We had very amusing conversations with him today. He speaks English  After church we had an eating appointment with the ward mission leader. He's 80 years old and has a lot of stories to tell. Afterward we went home and started calling people. We got a hold of one guy he was super plastered drunk, but told us to come over, we did and had a pretty good lesson with him, but I doubt he'll remember it Tuesday when we meet with him again.
That's how my week went, pretty interesting, a lot of stress with all the changes and move, but it will be good here.

No comments:

Post a Comment