Scripture

Look unto me in every thought Doubt not Fear not D&C 6:36

Sunday, November 1, 2015

10/5/2015

Today was a normal Heide pday cleaned then we shopped then we went and wrote our emails, after emails we did some more shopping media market here is a huge best buy sized store probably the biggest store in Heide, then we went to a sporting goods store and I got to look at toy guns there, ( in Germany it's probably considered a real gun but all they do is go bang, nothing more than a starters pistol) then we found a fancyish department store. It had fancy clothes but was organized like a DI. Then we went to family home evening and that was basically our day.  

Today was awesome! We had something really cool happen, so because winter is coming and we have a really big are we went to go see how much monthly passes for the trains would cost. When we got to the train station a lady grabbed us by the arm and said in perfect English stay here my daughter is coming, her daughter was talking to the guys at the ticket counter then when she saw us her eyes lit up and she ran to us and said how excited she was to see us, she's a member who was visiting here from Australia, it was cool to have someone excited to see us, that never happens, and yesterday she was just with elder halls last companion when she was visiting Dresden, it's always fun to see what a small world it is. Then we went out and did finding and we didn't really see anything from it but we enjoyed ourselves as we worked. Just wish people would be a little more open with us or change their excuses of why not.

Wednesday. First we woke up at 5:30 and got ready, then we went and got on a train and went to Kiel. When we got there we had ZTM and that was pretty fun, nothing too exciting, but it's the first one we have had since the iPads came. After the meeting we had a training on family search.org and that was pretty interesting. I learned quite a few new things but none really that I can use right now. Then we went to bahnhof and found when our train left, we had an hour and a half so we went and got food and then we went to the harbor but there weren't any ships, we went back and some other elders from our district were leaving and their train went half an hour earlier so we went with them, it was a little longer trip but got us home earlier and didn't cost more, and we were with the other elders so it was all fun. Then we got home and the day was over and we planned and went to bed.  

Thursday!  today we went to read with Bruder Krautwurm, got through some chapters in ether, I like chapter 12 it's made better by the war and wickedness and destruction that leads up to it, then boom faith hope and charity then we went and had lunch with the branch president and his wife. That was a really nice meal and I got complimented on my German, she asked if I had ever had this classic local meal and I responded that if I had I didn't know it. I must have said it right because she said that the way I replied needed really good German. I was a little happy about that. Then we helped them with the church hedges. We are all real short  so trimming 8 foot hedges was a lot of fun. Then we mowed the lawn a bit then we were done. Once we finished I got my German drivers license. It's pretty cool, I don't have my portrait Utah one now, i now have one that's landscape like real adults, and it won't expire until 2030 so that's cool. Then we finished off the day by street contacting.

Friday! We had a really fun day today, we first went and tried to teach Zeifi, he called and said he couldn't make it. Then we did some street contacting. That was ok then we had an eating appointment at a members that I'd never really been to before. It's really cool to see how the members open up when they like the missionaries, I'm glad I haven't really ever had a problem with being hard to get along with. Then we came home and did some weekly planning. That was not to interesting then after we went to another eating appointment and he gave us some really good food. It's super heavy cake stuff and it fills you up. Then it was late so we came home and planned for tomorrow, I'm so excited for general conference, too bad we only get Saturday am session tomorrow, but we get a marathon on Sunday!

Aaaaah the pain!!!! Isn't as bad as I thought it would be ( but I also haven't been outside yet) today is my favorite day of the year! I would trade my birthday in a heartbeat if it meant another opening morning! but today I made a new study plan for personal study and I think it will be really good, it gives me time for Book of Mormon, a topic to study, and a little bit of time to ponder, pray and think.  Soooo. Today was only somewhat hard.  It had this really nice fall chill, that didn't help, and the bike ride is through forests and fields and I have never felt so trunky in my whole mission. Then we got to their hous and I thought all was good. We were taking down a deck, they pulled out a chainsaw, just like we always use to cut fire wood when we're hunting. After that we started a fire, and it smelled like we were camping. Then we went back home when we were finished and I saw a guy out hunting. ( at first I thought maybe I was just forcing connections in my head because it's opening day, but people don't hunt in Germany, people don't own guns in Germany how I saw a hunter here on opening day of the elk hunt in Utah I don't know because chances are better to have seen an elk in Utah, but that never happens to me) I was being laughed at by the world today! Then we showered went out and then went to watch general conference, and the TV didn't work for English, so like ever other opening weekend I listened to general conference. Some things never change! Haha I lived through this day, now I believe I can live through anything. During conference I really really liked president Uchtdorfs talk on simplifying our discipleship, sometimes I feel like I over complicate things so I want to really work on simplicity!

Today was a wonderful Sunday first we studied then went to the church and watched priesthood session, that was really good, judging by the simple things taught, we can hold because things won't be getting easier any time soon. Then we went and walked around and tried to find people, but Germany is pretty dead on Sundays. Then we went back and watched the Saturday pm session. That one had some really good counsel in it. I liked elder Hollands talk about the love of mothers. Thank you mom for all that you do for me, i don't say it enough, but thank you, and I love you. Then the ward had a little lunch and we watched Sunday Am session. I SAW BOB!!!! I'm grateful for the new apostles, I know they are call of God as witnesses of Christ, hearing them talk was humbling. Then we went home and got ready for tomorrow. I'm so grateful that the lord blesses us every six months with his counsel, I'm so thankful that we have the Holy Ghost to give us revelation all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment